This looks very good. OSW Print Instructions.pdf refers to a cheat sheet.Where can I find that?
One Shot World
A downloadable game
What Is This?
One Shot World is a hack of Dungeon World that removes most of the long-form mechanics and replaces them with simple rules designed to facilitate one-shots and short campaigns.
- Playbooks have been simplified down to just a few background and core moves, as well as a few optional advances.
- One Shot World uses the standard Dungeon World basic moves, though some have been tweaked to facilitate a shorter game.
- Alignment and Bonds are replaced with questions that serve a similar function.
- Rations and encumbrance are gone, and wealth and equipment are simplified.
- Racial moves have been removed in favor of a playbook-specific backgrounds, which provide a package of ability score bonuses, moves and starting equipment.
Included are the core rules, playkit & playbooks, starters and supplements intended to make your one shots shine!
This game is (and always will be) FREE OF CHARGE.
Cover art: Greg Soper
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi Yochai! That like points to the printing instructions linked right above these comments (for me). In it the last line mentions a “GM sheet cheat sheet”. I don’t think I’ve seen that anywhere.
This is a great fantasy PbtA, the rules are generally light yet every PCs can still have distinct uniqueness among each other. It's easy to understand and GM as well.
Thank you so much for making this game available to all of us, Yochai.
If you guys are looking for easy to run, fantasy PbtA suitable for short campaigns, One Shot World should be your go to.
I highly recommend this game.
Thank you much!
May I also suggest Homebrew World by Jeremy Strandberg? It was a sort of reaction to OSW and I really love it.
I will surely check Homebrew World too Yochai. Thank you for the advice!
Apparently Mr. Jeremy Strandberg kindly provides Homebrew World for free too.
Good luck on all your projects too, Yochai. Best regards.
I love this game - thank you for bringing it into the world. It was the perfect thing for my group when our regular DM couldn't make it one day.
Question on the Wizard / Antiquarian background: "When you Cast a Spell, prepare one additional spell from your spellbook" sounds like you'll get to prepare every spell in your book during a day of adventuring - is that the intent, or have I misunderstood?